Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Live Weather Reports...

I was watching some of the live reports this morning from South Texas and they really make me chuckle. There is nothing better than to see people standing out in the middle of a storm so that we can sit cozy in our homes and "feel" it as if we were there! The Weather Channel folks are the best! Click here for a report from Jim Cantore with Hurricane Emily this morning. Last week, The Weather Channel had an even better report with Hurricane Dennis! Click here...It's a hoot! Hopefully I can go report from the beach one day! LOL

When I lived in Arkansas I would do numerous live reports from snow and ice storms. Snowstorm reports can often be entertaining as well. There is nothing more entertaining than to see a grown man being clobbered with snow and ice! I wish we would get a little bit of snow here next winter... I miss it! Maybe I'll show some old snow liveshots on Today In Alabama this week to cool us off!

Anywho, be on the lookout for some flying reporters throughout the day as Hurricane Emily moves in on Northeast Mexico. By the way, Katie Couric called the South Texas/Mexico border "Texaco" this morning. At first I thought she did it on purpose, but then she corrected herself! I think I might start calling that area "Texaco" too! It makes sense! As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: