Sunday, November 06, 2005

Weekend At The Beach...

We had a great time at the beach this weekend. We met up with my in-laws for the Ironman competition in Panama City. We are usually there to cheer on my father-in-law, but due to an injured ankle... he was a spectator like us this year. Friday evening was gorgeous! I caught this sunset and a few family photos...The next morning we were up bright and early for the competition. Keep in mind... these people swim 2.2 miles, then bike 122 miles, and THEN do a marathon which is 26.2 miles! It didn't matter that we had no family members in the race... it's just an awesome site to see! Before we left out, my wife and I got a good look at the Saturday morning sunrise. The weather was GREAT all weekend! Now to the competition. I snapped a couple of pictures, but the rest of time I was too busy cheering! This first picture is of a woman completing the first part of the competition. She was well on her way to being the second woman EVER to complete the Ironman with ONE LEG. You GO GIRL!

Next it was the bike....
And then the run. I'll get some picture of the finish line from my in-laws this week and post them in the blog. It was AWESOME. If you or someone you know did the Ironman this weekend... Drop me an email. I'd love to share your story and experience on the blog. If you competed... that was my family and me at about mile 90 on the bike route cheering you on in middle of nowhere! I'm sure we were the craziest folks you saw along the route!

Have a great day everyone!
Ryan
rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: