Friday, January 06, 2006

Book Of Daniel (and everything else on TV)

Ok... I just watched the last hour of the Book of Daniel and I really have a range of emotions and thoughts. First off, it was not "as" bad as I expected, but still very sacrilegious. Is it something I want on TV?... NOPE. Should WSFA choose not to air it? I'm not sure.

Here's what I mean... We need to be accountable for ourselves. If there is junk on TV, let's not watch it. We've been allowing junk on the TV for a LONG time, we should have known it was just a matter of time before something this bad would air. Nobody complains about Desperate Housewives, Las Vegas, Law and Order, or Day of Our Lives (the worst in my opinion). Who's to hold the blame for the "Book of Daniel"... we are. You...Me... and everyone else who allows junk on the TV. We allow it by watching it and I am just as guilty as everyone else. If we had been demanding more shows like "The Cosby's" from our networks... then we would not be in the situation we are in today.

The best thing we can do is NOT watch it. Ratings will be low and it will be yanked off the air. Four stations chose already not to air the "Book of Daniel"... Click here to read more.

I won't have to worry about getting emails about this show anymore. Next week I will be with an ABC affiliate. They have Desperate Housewives, so I guess it's not much better. I need to be a better person and not watch that show either... hmmm.

Anywho... take care everyone. Simmer down and just choose NOT to watch these shows that are not "family" entertainment. They will eventually be yanked from the airwaves.

Take care,
Ryan
rvaughan@wsfa.com
...just a few more days.

No comments: