Monday, January 16, 2006

Outside For My Weathercast...

I did my first weathercast from our "Barton's Weather Deck" this evening. This is going to be something I am really going to like a lot! I have always liked being LIVE out in the "elements" for my weathercasts, but it has always been a little hard to accomplish that goal because it was always hard to get all of the graphics done and then drive to where my liveshot was located... Here at KAIT, we go LIVE from our backyard.

Back at WSFA, the studio was located in the city. Here at KAIT, the station is located a few miles north of the city and we are more-or-less in the middle of the country. We actually have deer that run around outside!

The bad part is... you can never go anywhere fast. The closest fast-food is several miles away...

In other news... I want to thank ALL of you that have sent me emails. I got my internet hooked up today at home and downloaded about 70 emails from people in Alabama. It REALLY made my day! I hope to respond to many of them...

My new email address has been setup... It is rvaughan@kait8.com ... Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Take care,
Ryan

No comments: