Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

On this Memorial Day I can't think of anyone else accept my brother and sister-in-law and nieces (above). He is in Iraq, they are in Washington, and we are here.

I have always supported the war in Iraq and still do, but I'm tired of him being over there. He has not even come home yet and already has orders to go back. It brings tears to my eyes as I type this....

I just pray that everyone stays strong...stays focused... and knows that God is always watching out over his people. He has a plan that is often different from our own plan.

On this Memorial day, I pray that everyone who has family in the battlefield and everyone that is in the battlefield will feel that peace.

God Bless,
Ryan

For those that are new to the blog, you can catch up on this story by clicking here and here.

3 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

They serve too, who wait and pray. God Bless all our soldiers wherever they are in the world, and their families. My Daddy was a WW2 Navy veteran, one brother in law is a 20 year Navy veteran, another was a 6 year Korean war veteran, and I have one nephew who is a Gulf War veteran and another who is an Army vet. I know what you and your family are going through, and my heart goes out to all of you. God Bless you all.

Diane

"The Glenifer" said...

I've got tears in my eyes, too.

That's such a sweet picture of the girls. Tony is the only person I know stationed over there, and I can't help thinking of him and his family whenever I think about Iraq.

Tony, If you're reading this, I'm so proud to know you, and you are always in my prayers! Come over to our blog and say hi, okay!

-your sister-in-law-in-law, or whatever, Jenn :)

Anonymous said...

My, what pretty little girls they are, too! I will continue to keep Tony and also all of our other soldiers over there in my prayers daily; that God will watch over them all and bring them safely back home again to their wives, children, and families.
Love, Mom