Friday, November 23, 2007

New Project.. Lightning Maker!

Have you ever seen a Van de Graff Generator? If not, you may get to see one on KAIT soon. A gentleman that goes to church with me gave me a VDG generator yesterday. I need to replace the belt and brushes, but I should have it operating soon. When I get it finished, I'll be sure to show it on the news...

In the meantime, I need to go find some parts for it on the internet. Check out this video of a homemade VDG Generator.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Ryan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see the headline now: Weatherman Electrocuted on Live TV!

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I think it might be time for you to talk to someone about this craving of yours to take control of all atmospheric phenomena. I mean, first it was the Region-8 Weather Machine, and now this? I can see this ending badly ... with Craig or Diana cutting to the Weather Center only to catch a crazed Chief Meteorologist in the middle of an IT'S ALIVE moment. Those "Barton's Umbrella" commercials? A sign of things to come - that's what i say!

Anyway, if you should ever tire of this, and feel yourself being driven down Tesla Coil Way, here's some inspiration:
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1446863#

:D

Stefanie said...

Be careful with that thing! We still miss you in Bama!