Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Not A Diet, It's A Lifestyle Change...

Doesn't that sound like something Dr. Phil would say? Well, it's time for me to start taking care of myself again. Three years ago, I did the "12 Steps To Fitness" with WSFA and lost about 28 lbs. ( Click here for an old blog post....) I've gained a lot of that back and I need to lose it again (and keep it off). I don't really care about the weight itself, but I don't want to die of a heart attack anytime soon.

My wife and I joined the gym and we're eating much, much better! I even passed up cake and ice cream at a birthday party tonight! WoOHoO. Exercising and eating better is really making me "feel" better and hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon.

We joined Anytime Fitness, so I can even go work-out at midnight after the 10:00 news. I wonder though... Who works out at midnight? I guess I will find out soon. So far, I have been going at a decent hour of the day.

Anywho, I'll post my success stories on the blog. I hope to lose 15-20 lbs in 3 months. If I can lose more than that, then rock on!

Take care,
Ryan

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Ryan,
I wish you the best of luck on your new lifestyle. I know I need a change in my eating lifestyle, but it's so hard to do it when you don't have anyone doing it with you. With you and your wife both doing it together, I know you will do great and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. I just wanted to let you know that Andrew called me yesterday afternoon and told me I had won the NOAA Weather Radio. I was so excited and couldn't hardly believe I had won. I am really looking forward to receiving it. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Karen Horton
Caraway, AR

Anonymous said...

rock on bro!