Monday, December 08, 2014

"Geese" Clouds!

I frequently tweet radar images of what I believe are geese and ducks. The area that I see ducks and geese on radar the most is from Big Lake, AR to the Missouri Bootheel. With new radar technology, I know it is not precipitation. Here's an example from a few days ago. The right image is correlation coefficient. "Non-precipitation" will show up in grey and blue, while precipitation shows up in red, yellows, and oranges:
Today, it was confirmed. Zach Worrell sent me these pics from Rives, Missouri! These are some of the most amazing pics I have ever seen. He took them with his quadcopter! This is what we have been seeing on radar!



The pics speak for themselves. This is awesome. Thanks Zach!

I'm leaving to drive to Gosnell soon. I hope to grab some images from the ground as well.

Ryan

5 comments:

Jim Fritz said...

These photos are amazing. I went to school with some of Zach's kin folks

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Ryan! There was a huge flock of them right outside Gosnell when I went through this afternoon. Hope you got some good pictures.

LBrown said...

The photos are amazing!! You should try and get some within flocks of ducks too!! Good luck on your adventures!!

Anonymous said...

lol old man yells at cloud very interesting, tell me more............ just kidding!I know all about that ''
-

Anonymous said...

lol old man yells at cloud very interesting, tell me more............ just kidding!I know all about that ''
-