- 1-3 Winter events that will impact schools and roads. One may be a "good one".
- 1-2 Severe weather events with high winds, hail, and tornadoes possible.
- Average precipitation from Dec-Feb: 1-2" above average.
- Average highs from Dec-Feb: 0-2° above average
- Average lows from Dec-Feb: 3-5° above average
- There will be a couple of "Big Swings" in temperatures this winter. Meaning, one day will be warm with above average temperatures and then a blast of cold air will come into Region 8.
- With that said, when you average the temperatures, I think the Winter will be WARMER than average.
- Bonus; I think we will see "a little wintry weather" as early as the first part of December. :)
A wise meteorologist once told me to always be vague enough to be accurate. I was probably not vague enough in this forecast, but we'll see how it shakes out. It's all in good fun to forecast 4 months in advance anyways! Right? :)
Also for fun, here are some maps from the 1997-1998 Winter using tools from the Midwest Climate Center. This winter "may" be similar to that Winter:
Snowfall of 1997-1998: