- We have 2 "waves" of storms. One in the morning and one from lunch to afternoon.
- Hail is possible in the morning.
- Strong winds and even tornadoes are possible from lunch to afternoon.
- Greatest threat will be East and Southeast of Region 8. Pay attention if traveling to MS, TN, and AL!
- To get text alerts, type STORM to 52488.
- Turn on notifications to the KAIT weather app.
- If travelling, always note what city and county you are in by looking at the highway signs. Then, when you hear them on the radio... you will know if you are in danger.
First, let's start with the wave in the morning. This map shows that the most unstable air will still be well SW of us in Region 8:
Even though the most unstable air is SW of us, we will still run the risk of seeing some hail producing storms. Here's what radar may look like:
As we go through the day, the air will become more unstable. Here's the CAPE (Storm Energy) at 11AM:
This will help fuel more storms and we will have to watch them from lunch into the afternoon:
I'm going to look over some more data through the night and will update Twitter, as needed. Follow me on Twitter at @ryanvaughan
Have a good night!