Friday, December 02, 2005

Family Email AND a Phone Call!!!!

Alright, I got an email from Uncle Tommy. (It's about time!) Here it is:

I thought you would say something about me saving lives and all of that cool stuff but no,,, you had to OUTCH, show a picture that I didn't know existed,, ok you got me, I owe you BIG time, thanks for making me a star!!!

He's right... he does save lives and blah, blah, blah... Actually his job is pretty cool. He's a paramedic, so he has some wild stories to tell. He was actually on the TLC channel as they followed him around at work. It looks like they edited out how nuts he is though!

I got another email in the wake of putting Tommy and my father-in-law on the blog. Take a read...

Ok Vaughan..........Do you realize that everybody in your family has been on your blog but your mother and your mother in law? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but where would you be if it weren't for your mother? And how would you have gotten that sweet wife of yours without your mother in law. Now I think you owe your mom an apology, because I'm sure you are finding out that little boys are not a piece of cake to raise, and hey... Benny puts a crown on and there he is King Benny in all his Glory........ I walk 5 miles in my very first race and I don't even get a mention, HEY ANYBODY CAN PUT ON A
HAT!!!!!!!!!! HeeHeeHeee


Can you guess where that one came from? That's right... my mother-in-law! I guess everyone wants to be on the blog! My mother-in-law did do a 5 mile race last week with my wife. I was very proud of both of them. I wouldn't have made it 1 miles... let alone 5 miles! My wife actually beat her goal by 6 minutes!!! If you are a runner, then you know that is awesome! She kicked some butt!

EDIT (9:40 am) : Actually, my mother-in-law HAS been on the blog officially! Click here for my blog entry from last August!

Finally, the best family note to pass along this morning. I got a phone call yesterday that went like this:

me: "Hello" (sleepy from napping)
caller: "Hey"
me: "Yeah"
caller: "What's Up"
me: "Nothing, who's this?"
caller: "Somebody"
me: "Who is this?" (mad now)
caller: "Someone in Iraq"
me: "TONY!"

That's right, my brother-in-law gave me call from Iraq yesterday. I won't get into the whole conversation, but he sounded good and wasn't down in the dumps. A phonecall from Iraq sounds weird. There is a slight delay that makes people talk over each other. We had a good conversation and was an awesome surprise.

Well, I'm going to go play some darts in the newsroom. I installed a dart board in the newsroom for when folks have a spare minute on lunch break or something. LOL

Ryan
rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: