Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The History of "The Morning Blog"

I missed the 10-year birthday of my blog. Last month, this blog hit the 10-year mark. At the time, I had not even heard about a blog. The only person I knew that had a blog was Neil Orne, a news anchor in Nashville, TN. I'm not even sure he blogs anymore. If you don't know why it's called "Ryan's Morning Blog", let me explain. 

When I started the blog, I was the morning meteorologist at WSFA in Montgomery, AL. A lot of people forget that I left KAIT for a few years to be in Alabama. I REALLY loved it there, but for several reasons I was excited to come back to Arkansas and Region 8. Anywho, I called it "Ryan's Morning Blog" because I worked in the morning. When I came back to Region 8 and went to the evening shift, I kept the name because I stilled blogged in the morning, most of the time. It varies today, but I'm keeping the name... just because.

The cool thing about the blog is that I can go back and look at old posts. Some of the posts are happy and some of them are sad. Here are some of the posts that I remember the most:

I'm sure there are many more, but these stand out. My wife and I are really enjoying this look back at some of the entries from the past!

Thanks for reading and giving feedback. Twitter and Facebook have changed how I do the blog these days, but I still enjoy blogging.

Have a great day!
Ryan

1 comment:

Ron Childers said...

Great work over the last ten year. I look forward to your post over the next ten. Happy Anniverary my friend!
ron